Monday 7 April 2008

Successful delivery of some "New Born Baby Technology"

So I've reinstalled windows multiple times, I've programmed loads of software applications, written hundreds of lines of code but I am now facing my toughest technological challenge yet: a new born baby.

For those of you that don't know as of 26th March 2008 at 23:02 I became the proud owner of "Jacob Richard Allen" a wonderful bouncing baby boy and I have got to say I am pretty chuffed.Jacob 4 days 018 Now I must admit the delivery was 4 days late and definitely over budget but hey it's worth it when the result is something this cute.

I've completed the necessary preparation and home installation steps and also ensured that I have sufficient essential transportation accessories such as car seat and travel system.

So all that remains is for me to:

  1. Understand the baby's power supply mechanism (with the help of mum in that department)
  2. Get to grips with programming sleep mode - my model seems to have some minor bugs in this area at the moment so hopefully a new firmware update might fix that
  3. Monitor sensory applications such as visual sensors, auditory sensors and propulsion apparatus
  4. Track the baby's waste function - I must admit I never thought I would be so interested in the colour of a bowel function
  5. Read the rest of the manual to get a better understanding of how on earth I am going to cope in the coming years :-).

I can't wait for the challenges that lie ahead and hopefully I will have fun learning new things about my new baby. For anyone that is interested, the baby owner's manual is pretty good, it is done with a bit of tongue in cheek but has some useful information about how to deal with a baby in "bloke" speak, nice and simple and straight to the point.

Cheers

2 comments:

Dan Meineck said...

Congratulations! Such wonderful news.

Julia is due September 28th!

You stretched the baby/software link so far the band almost snapped :D

Dan

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to both of you, what a beautiful baby!